SAMARTH WEEKLY DIGEST
Stay informed, entertained and engaged with Samarth
3 THINGS WE FEEL YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM
Want to be happy? Be grateful. One thing all humans have in common is that each of us wants to be happy, says Brother David Steindl-Rast, a monk and interfaith scholar. And happiness, he suggests, is born from gratitude. An inspiring lesson in slowing down, looking where you’re going, and above all, being grateful. Watch this beautiful TED talk on gratitude to find another route to be happy.
Loneliness in older people. Older people are especially vulnerable to loneliness and social isolation – and it can have a serious effect on health. But there are ways to overcome loneliness, even if you live alone and find it hard to get out. Read these simple ways to stay away from loneliness.
Should seniors do intermittent fasting to manage weight: All you need to know: Intermittent fasting is currently one of the most popular trends worldwide to manage weight. People of all ages are using it to lose weight and, as research suggests, to manage diabetes, improve muscle and brain function, and even slow down ageing. That said, is it suitable for Senior citizens? Read this article to find out.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
“Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understand the problems of running a country.” – Margaret Thatcher
NEWS AND VIEWS FROM SAMARTH COMMUNITY
Continuing on our endeavor to improve Health and Wellness of our Senior citizens, Samarth conducted an exclusive Experiential session on Yoga and Practical methods to improve our Wellness. The session titled Find your bliss through the ancient Yogic science was conducted by Mr. Viraj Malik, founder of Utsav foundation. Besides sharing his expert knowledge, and conducting a few exercises, Viraj also answered questions from our Senior participants
Just like Health & Wellness, we have also been conducting Masterclasses on Personal Finance with experts exclusively for Seniors, These sessions are absolutely free, courtesy of Samarth. Join us at 4:30 PM today, November 13th for yet another insightful session on money management for Seniors. Please feel free share the Zoom link for the event with your friends and family members
Don’t worry if you missed attending any of our past weekly online events. You can always get the glimpse of what happened at those events on our YouTube channel – we release a new video everyday, subscribe to our YouTube channel if you haven’t done so already.
Products, services & entertainment to make your life easier, happier and safer
5 Indoor plants to increase oxygen. There is no life without nature. We breathe oxygen that is produced for us by mother nature through plants. Did you know that there are many indoor plants that could help increase oxygen inside your home? Watch this short video that provides you information about five such plants.
No hassle Hot Bag. With impending winters the problems that senior Citizens face get worsened. This season Samarth recommends heating pad to get relief from joint pain and make you feel comfortable. This electric powered, easy to use heating pad is a high quality reliever from aches in cold climatic conditions. Currently available at a 67% discount, you can buy it here on Samarth Webstore
RESULT OF LAST WEEK’S POLL
In the last poll, we had asked you about your views on how have some of the basic human values evolved over the years. Here is what you shared with us
- 57% of you felt that people around us have become more health conscious than before. This is a result of increased awareness and knowledge about importance of health and fitness. That said, on most of the other values, you feel that there is a deterioration over a period of time
- More than 80% of respondents feel that people in general have become less patient and are less happy and relaxed now a days compared to earlier times
- More than 70% of respondents feel that the family bonds have become weaker and people have also become less generous and kind
- Here are some of interesting comments:
- Women are becoming more confident and independent in current times which is great
- Lots of changes have taken place in this long period. Old versus new is totally different. Both the periods have good/bad points. The Old order changes giving Place to new – this is the law of nature. So live and let live
- People have changed since last two years a lot towards mostly good virtues
- People have turned pseudo-spirituals and intolerant even within their own families
POLL OF THE WEEK
Diwali symbolizes the spiritual victory of light over darkness, good over evil and knowledge over ignorance. Tell us how have some of the basic human virtues evolved over the years
SPREAD THE WORD
We invite you to join the Community’s WhatsApp Channel and keep yourself up-to-date through WhatsApp. You will receive our top picks of the day! We send no more than 2 messages a day.
If you are reading this on your mobile phone, click here to open whatsapp and send ‘subscribe’ to join. Or you can also save our number (8700 677 878) and send ‘subscribe’ via WhatsApp to this number.
Thank you and stay tuned with Samarth !
If you have any feedback for us or want to suggest topics, videos, products that we should cover, write to us at email@example.com