SAMARTH WEEKLY DIGEST
Stay informed, entertained and engaged with Samarth
3 THINGS WE FEEL YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM
Three most important lessons learnt from the longest ever study on Happiness. A 75-year long study has provided an unprecedented access to data on true happiness and satisfaction. Watch this Ted talk to learn What makes a good life?
What can seniors do to handle equity exposure. Many times, senior citizens who invest in equities see the increased volatility in stock markets as a raid on their portfolio values and get worried. This article from Mint highlights the importance of Equity in your portfolio how to recalibrate the risk in your portfolio in light of the volatility.
All you need to know about making a Will. A Will is one of the most important documents that ensures a smooth transition of assets to the designated beneficiaries without any hassles. It also guarantees peace of mind and no ambiguity on succession issues and saves time and money for all involved. Read this comprehensive article on Will
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
““The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate” – Oprah Winfrey
NEWS AND VIEWS FROM SAMARTH COMMUNITY
In our endeavor to raise the financial literacy of Seniors, we have been conducting a series of Masterclasses on Personal Finance. These interactive sessions are conducted by experts and address a range of aspects related to Personal Finance. During these sessions you would also get an opportunity to ask your specific questions to the experts. These sessions are absolutely free, courtesy of Samarth. These sessions are conducted on Saturdays at 4:30 PM. The Zoom link provided below will work for all classes
Join us for a detailed session on WILLS on this Saturday, 23rd October at 4:30 PM
Don’t worry if you missed attending any of our past weekly online events. You can always get the glimpse of what happened at those events on our YouTube channel – we release a new video everyday. Do subscribe to our YouTube channel if you haven’t done so already
Products, services & entertainment to make your life easier, happier and safer
10 Secrets to leading a Happier Life. Watch this short video created with a lot of love and affection by Samarth team, exclusively for it’s Senior community. This video provides a list of 10 simple ideas that you can implement in your everyday life and stay happy and positive
100% Organic Diabetic Care Juice: This is a very healthy and highly beneficial supplement and nutrient product for elderly. A unique combination of Bitter Gourd (karela), Black Plum(Jamun), Harad, Indian Gooseberry(amla), Baheda, Gymnema Sylvestre (Gurmar) and Aloevera Juice. It has no added sugar and helps regulate blood sugar level. It also helps in weight loss and strengthening of immunity. Currently selling at 10% discount. You can buy it here on Samarth Webstore
RESULT OF LAST WEEK’S POLL
Last week we had asked you about your experience with Hospitals and Doctors – How supportive do you find the environment and infrastructure, how friendly are the staff and doctors etc.? Here is what you shared with us:
- 65% of you visit Hospitals at least 2-4 times a year
- 24% of you are somewhat or extremely dissatisfied with overall experience with the hospital and the doctors while 65% of you are somewhat or extremely satisfied
- Areas of highest dissatisfaction include 1) Cost of Medical treatment; 2) Caring hospital staff who understand needs of Seniors, 3) Support from the Health insurers and 4) Comfortable Hospital infrastructure like beds, access to washrooms etc.
- The top two areas of satisfaction for our respondents are 1) Accessibility of shops and 2) Safety of the neighborhood. The bottom two areas of satisfaction are 1) Availability of recreational facilities for seniors and 2) Ease of use of local conveyance
- Some of your comments and suggestions are highlighted below:
- Each hospital should have a specialized geriatric department with specialized doctors for senior citizens
- Insurer should arrange medical treatment at home as far as possible just like earlier days. Seniors should not be required to visit clinic or hospital every time.
- There should be a way to manage the high cost for diagnosis and unnecessary suggesting for tests by doctors. This is not affordable by senior citizens
We are extremely grateful to you for participating in our polls and sharing your views. Thank you!
POLL OF THE WEEK
Diwali has always been one of the most celebrated festivals of the year. This Diwali is extra special especially because last year’s Diwali had a dark shadow of COVID looming over it. With things getting better now, there is a renewed spirit to celebrate this great festival of lights. Tell us about your plans
SPREAD THE WORD
We invite you to join the Community’s WhatsApp Channel and keep yourself up-to-date through WhatsApp. You will receive our top picks of the day! We send no more than 2 messages a day.
If you are reading this on your mobile phone, click here to open whatsapp and send ‘subscribe’ to join. Or you can also save our number (8700 677 878) and send ‘subscribe’ via WhatsApp to this number.
Thank you and stay tuned with Samarth !
If you have any feedback for us or want to suggest topics, videos, products that we should cover, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org