SAMARTH WEEKLY DIGEST
Stay informed, entertained and engaged with Samarth
3 THINGS WE FEEL YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM
Do you want to know how a lady in France lived for 122 years with a fully active and healthy brain till her last day? Learn about new discoveries and practical strategies in this video for improving memory performance, brain health, and living better longer.
The Government of India on Tuesday extended the first pan-India toll-free helpline–14567–for senior citizens called the ‘Elder Line’ to provide free information and guidance on pension and legal issues, extend emotional support, and intervene in cases of abuse. Samarth is delighted to be the implementation partner with Government in 3 states of India. You can also hear what Mr. Amitabh Bachchan, the brand ambassador of Elderline has to say in his video.
Nearly half of the deaths across the world from non-communicable diseases happen due to cardiovascular diseases or CVD, making it the No.1 killer. World Heart Day on 29th September aims to create awareness about this silent killer and bring down the deaths by 25% by 2025. Here is a comprehensive guide on Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving” – Albert Einstein
NEWS AND VIEWS FROM SAMARTH COMMUNITY
We understand how important money matters are for senior citizens. In a recent survey we conducted, more than 60% of Seniors said that they have not done formal financial planning. Almost 100% appreciate the need for it. Consequently, we are delighted to organise four exclusive sessions on managing investments and making your hard earned assets work harder.
These interactive sessions will be conducted by experts over four Saturdays starting with October 9th, 2021 and would address questions such as: how to divide investments based on your requirements, how to ensure liquidity for your needs, how to secure the inheritance of your assets to your nominees and many more. During these sessions (or Masterclasses) you would also get an opportunity to ask your specific questions to the experts. These sessions are absolutely free, courtesy of Samarth.
Each of these session will focus on specific topics and we suggest you join all of these. So, do join at 4:30 PM on this Saturday, October 9th for the first Masterclass. The Zoom link provided below will work for all four classes
Products, services & entertainment to make your life easier, happier and safer
“Being a Senior” and “Being Old” is different. Watch this short video where a Senior citizen shares some simple ways in which we can be a Senior without getting old!
A pillow to address a lot of your health problems. This special Cervical pillow is scientifically designed and is extremely useful for Seniors with Cervical problems, Cervical spondylosis, Back pain, Neck sprains/Stiff neck and Snoring induced apnea. Currently selling at a 40% discount at Samarth Webstore
RESULT OF LAST WEEK’S POLL
Last week we had asked about your WILL and here is what you shared with us.
- Only 34% of you have prepared a WILL so far. That said, 61% of you intend to do so between next 3 months to a year. Understandably, nobody wants to think about their own death and hence writing a WILL is uncomfortable. However, clarifying what will happen to your belongings after you are gone, can give you a lot of peace of mind. Experts recommend that all adults should have a WILL that may be reviewed and updated every four or five years
- Out of those who have prepared their WILL, only 46% have explicitly ensured that their WILL is legally tenable and executable for hassle-free distribution to your dependents/nominees. A WILL that is not legally tenable won’t serve its purpose
- Top 3 reasons why people have not created their WILL are: 1) They believe appointing nominees is same as writing a WILL; 2) They think that it’s a cumbersome legal process; 3) They believe that orally communicating their desire to the family is as good as writing a WILL
- 58% of you would like to take professional help in drafting your WILL
- There are several Myths about WILLs and that’s why we gave you ten statements to evaluate and test your understanding. Here are the answers:
1. Drafting a WILL is one of the most important step of your financial planning – TRUE
2. Only rich people need to make a WILL – FALSE
3. Every individual above 18 years of age can create a WILL – TRUE
4. Nominations and Joint holdings are as good as a WILL – FALSE
5. Separate WILLS are required for joint holders in assets, based on the holding ratio – TRUE
6. Writing WILL is expensive and time consuming – FALSE
7. WILL should be updated every 2-3 years, to ensure any changes are reflected – TRUE
8. A WILL once created should not be changed – FALSE
9. You need at least 2 witnesses for a WILL to be considered legal – TRUE
10. You can even write a Living WILL which is for decisions that doctors should take, during your medical illness – TRUE
We are extremely grateful to you for participating in our polls and sharing your views. Thank you!
POLL OF THE WEEK
Age-friendly environment impacts the quality of life of Seniors in a big way. Age-friendly environment includes physical aspects such as Accessibility, Safety, Mobility etc. and also the Attitudes of people around us. Let us know about how age-friendly is your environment.
SPREAD THE WORD
We invite you to join the Community’s WhatsApp Channel and keep yourself up-to-date through WhatsApp. You will receive our top picks of the day! We send no more than 2 messages a day.
If you are reading this on your mobile phone, click here to open whatsapp and send ‘subscribe’ to join. Or you can also save our number (8700 677 878) and send ‘subscribe’ via WhatsApp to this number.
Thank you and stay tuned with Samarth !
If you have any feedback for us or want to suggest topics, videos, products that we should cover, write to us at email@example.com