SAMARTH WEEKLY DIGEST
Stay informed, entertained and engaged with Samarth
3 THINGS WE FEEL YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM
Why do I forget things and what can I do. Forgetfulness or memory loss is one of the most feared issues of ageing for seniors. This fear is of the extreme dependence that it brings, along with the anxiety about the possibility of forgetting important tasks or even our loved ones. Many consider forgetfulness as a normal sign of ageing but is forgetfulness inevitable as we age? Read a comprehensive article on Dementia that explains what is Dementia, it’s types, it’s signs and how to prevent it
A quick test that tells if your loved one is at risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Devised by doctors, this 21-question test distinguishes between normal absent-mindedness and the more sinister memory lapses that may signal the early stages of dementia. The questions are designed to be answered by a spouse or close friend. This Alzheimer’s Questionnaire, which is almost 90 per cent accurate, measures mild cognitive impairment – the slight memory lapses that can be a precursor of the disease.
6 Household items that could be making your family sick: Senior citizens take a lot of precaution to protect themselves from falling ill. A research has shown that six commonly used everyday objects can have serious health effects if not managed well. Read a few easy tips to minimize bacteria, viruses and allergens in your home and keep you and your loved ones happy and healthy
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
“Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” – Nelson Mandela
NEWS AND VIEWS FROM SAMARTH COMMUNITY
The Weekly Samarth Milan events continue to be a great source of fun and engagement for Senior citizens. In case you haven’t attended our event before, Samarth Milan is an intimate get together of enthusiastic seniors who have a lot MASTI and FUN besides discussing topics of common interest. Last week, we had celebrated two festivals – Ganesh Chaturhi and Hindi Diwas. Besides gaining some very interesting knowledge about Lord Ganesha, our Seniors also recited some amazing Hindi Poetry. You can watch the highlights of the last week’s event here on our YouTube channel.
Samarth Milan events are held on Zoom every Wednesday from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM. We send out free invites for this event via e-mail. We would be delighted to have you attend our next event that is scheduled for September 22nd at 5:30 PM. During this event, we would have one of our travel enthusiasts take you on a travel journey. If you miss out your personal invitation, please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Products, services & entertainment to make your life easier, happier and safer
Easy Dance Yoga for Senior citizens. Have you heard about Dance Yoga? Don’t worry, if you haven’t – we will tell you all about it! Dance Yoga is an easy way to exercise while having loads of fun! Watch this grandmother – granddaughter jodi who teach you a few simple Yoga dance steps that you can do while being seated on your chair
Organize all your medicines with this wonderful medical box. This medical box which features a see-through lid for easy accessibility will make your life extremely convenient in consuming your daily medicines. Its compact design will enable you to fit a large number of medicines while still keeping them organized. This great product is currently selling at a 70% discount on Samarth Webstore
RESULT OF LAST WEEK’S POLL
Last week we had asked you to share your next vacation plan and here is what you told us
- We were delighted to note that 100% of you have a hobby that you pursue.
- Your hobbies range from fine arts like Music, Writing, Sketching, Painting and Photography to achieving physical fitness by Yoga, Walking and Gardening. Some of you also love doing Social work, Travelling, Creating YouTube content, Teaching and even Studying! We at Samarth are really impressed and inspired by your enthusiasm towards your hobbies – Well done youngsters!
- In terms of your time commitment, a large majority of you (42%) spend 1-3 hours every day on your hobbies while 15% of you are able to invest more than 3 hours every day which is phenomenal.
- A vast majority of you get a lot of Joy and Happiness which makes you feel young and energetic by pursuing your hobbies. These hobbies also give you a sense of purpose and accomplishment.
- 72% of you would like to attend classes to further hone your skills in your hobby
- Sharing some the thoughtful comments received from all of you:
- “Since I have started pursuing with my hobbies, I felt that I am doing something purposeful and not wasting my time. It is better to do something constructive than sitting idle and brooding over your retirement.”
- “Feel young in your mind, read a lot and be less reactive with your childrens’ activities unless they need your help.”
- “Pursuing a hobby keeps us engaged and provides us happiness and creative satisfaction.”
- “Learn a new skill, take music lesson or learn to play an instrument, train your mind everyday, meet new people who have the same interest”
We are extremely grateful to you for participating in our polls and sharing your views. Thank you!
POLL OF THE WEEK
The Covid Pandemic has restricted visits, personal meetings, get-togethers and going out, thereby limiting social engagement for most seniors. On one hand it has resulted in a feeling of isolation and loneliness, on the other people have found new ways of connecting, engaging and staying occupied. Tell us about your experience and how are you dealing with it.
SPREAD THE WORD
We invite you to join the Community’s WhatsApp Channel and keep yourself up-to-date through WhatsApp. You will receive our top picks of the day! We send no more than 2 messages a day.
If you are reading this on your mobile phone, click here to open whatsapp and send ‘subscribe’ to join. Or you can also save our number (8700 677 878) and send ‘subscribe’ via WhatsApp to this number.
Thank you and stay tuned with Samarth !
If you have any feedback for us or want to suggest topics, videos, products that we should cover, write to us at email@example.com