SAMARTH WEEKLY DIGEST
Stay informed, entertained and engaged with Samarth
3 THINGS WE FEEL YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM
Is buying a dishwasher worthwhile for you: This Pandemic has resulted in the whole family being at home and no maids for long periods of time. Many families brought home a dishwasher and are very happy. Is this something you should also look at if it is only you and your spouse in your home? While this is a great appliance that can make your life easier without having to depend on your maid, there are a lot of myths around it. Do read this article to evaluate its utility for you.
Nominee or Joint Account or Will. How do you ensure that your hard earned saving will go into right hands after you are gone. Not only are there pros and cons of each of these options, they also need to be in alignment to avoid problems later. Click to know the things to keep in mind and tips to ensure a proper and easy transfer for your family
Simplest investment options for monthly income and for capital growth: We give you a to-the-point guide to investment options for building a simple-to-manage investment portfolio that will give you monthly income on one hand and allow you to invest the surplus for long term on the other.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
“Getting old is like climbing a mountain; you get a little out of breath, but the view is much better!” – Ingrid Bergman, Swedish actress and star of the famous movie Casablanca
NEWS AND VIEWS FROM SAMARTH COMMUNITY
Based on your feedback, Samarth is renewing and revamping it’s weekly online get together called Samarth Milan. Samarth Milan is an intimate get together of enthusiastic seniors who have a lot MASTI and FUN besides discussing topics of common interest. We also invite a few experts to these sessions from time to time to share some valuable knowledge and also answer our questions. Samarth Milan events are held on Zoom every Wednesday from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM. We send out free invites for this event via e-mail. We would be delighted to have you attend our next event that is scheduled for September 8th at 5:30 PM. If you miss out your personal invitation, please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Products, services & entertainment to make your life easier, happier and safer
A beautiful and easy-to-read book that would bring you a lot of peace and Calm – “Silence: The Power of Quiet in a World Full of Noise.” In his beautiful book printed in large typeface, Buddhist monk and Nobel Peace Prize nominee Thich Nhat Hanh explains how mindfulness is the practice that stops the noise inside. With gentle anecdotes, simple Buddhist wisdom and practical exercises, he shows us how to live mindfully so that all the internal chatter ceases and we are left with the eloquent sound of silence. Buy this book from Samarth Webstore.
Safe and highly effective exercises that you could do while sitting on your chair . Watch and follow three generations – a daughter, mother and the grandmother do some fun exercises together that are perfect to strengthen your arms and upper body. You can also try to do these with your kids and grandkids, or just by yourself and enjoy the benefits of exercises!
RESULT OF LAST WEEK’S POLL
Last week we had asked you to share your views on managing your weight in senior years and we are delighted to know that 97% of you consider managing weight as really important
- 71% of you consider managing your weight in Senior years as extremely important while 26% consider this very important for good health
- 81% of you are making active efforts to manage your weight through some consistent effort. However, 13% have thought about weight management but haven’t done anything as yet. We would encourage you to take inspiration from others and start making small efforts every day in this direction.
- Almost 100% of you consider Diet control and Exercise as the most important ways to manage weight. However, experts suggest that behavioral counselling and expert coaching is also extremely important to manage your weight. We would encourage you seek expert help, if possible
- Sharing some very interesting comments that we heard from you:
- “Will power and restrictions by spouse or family members may help”
- “Don’t sit idle at home. Work is worship”
- “All seniors citizen should be wary of their day diet, sleep and walk or yoga or both. Better to avoid/check intake of sugar, salt , fats and more”
- “Living a simple life with satvik food and satvik thinking leads to health and happiness”
- “We must take our weight at fixed date and time like the first of every month. Walk regularly and keep a target. Walking outdoor is much beneficial. Be active and be healthy.”
- “There is not substitute for good health. None of us would like to be dependent on others including our children. I observe most of the members of this group are educated and financially well and have common issues.. Samarth is doing very well to make life of senior citizens comfortable. We will be thankful if with their available data they assist to form group in our neighborhood so that we can celebrate or age”
We are extremely grateful to you for participating in our polls and sharing your views. Thank you!
POLL OF THE WEEK
This pandemic will be over soon! This week we would like you to tell us about your next vacation plan – where would you like to go, with whom would you like to travel etc. Let’s plan your vacation – Yipeee!
SPREAD THE WORD
We invite you to join the Community’s WhatsApp Channel and keep yourself up-to-date through WhatsApp. You will receive our top picks of the day! We send no more than 2 messages a day.
If you are reading this on your mobile phone, click here to open whatsapp and send ‘subscribe’ to join. Or you can also save our number (8700 677 878) and send ‘subscribe’ via WhatsApp to this number.
Thank you and stay tuned with Samarth !
If you have any feedback for us or want to suggest topics, videos, products that we should cover, write to us at email@example.com